Playoff scenarios heading into Week 17, with current seed:
1. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: Clinch the top seed in the conference with a win over the Oakland Raiders. If they lose or tie and the Chargers win at Denver, then L.A. would win the AFC West and earn the top seed. Kansas City would fall to a wild-card spot and the No. 5 seed.
2. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: Clinch the No. 2 seed and a first-round bye with a home victory over the New York Jets. If they win and both the Chiefs and Chargers lose, New England would be the top seed. If the Patriots lose and the Houston Texans win at home over the Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston would be No. 2 and New England No. 3 and the Patriots would host a wild-card game.
3. HOUSTON TEXANS: Clinch the AFC South with a win over the Jaguars. If the Texans lose, the winner of the Indianapolis Colts-Tennessee Titans game would win the division and Houston would qualify for the postseason as a wild-card entrant.
4. BALTIMORE RAVENS: Clinch the AFC North with a home victory over the Cleveland Browns or a Pittsburgh Steelers home loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. A Baltimore loss and a Pittsburgh win gives the Steelers the division title.
5. CHARGERS: Clinched at least the fifth seed as a wild-card team. Can win the AFC West and the top seed in the AFC with a win or tie at Denver and a Chiefs home loss to the Raiders.
6. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS, TENNESSEE TITANS: Colts are the No. 6 seed and Titans are No. 7 at the moment, but since they play each other next, the winner gets the last wild-card spot — or the AFC South title if the Texans lose — and the loser doesn’t qualify.
8. PITTSBURGH STEELERS: Win the AFC North with a victory over the Bengals and a Ravens loss to the Browns. Also could qualify as a wild card if the Steelers win and the Colts-Titans game ends in a tie.
1. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS: Have clinched the top seed in the conference.
3. CHICAGO BEARS: Clinched the No. 3 seed, but could be No. 2 with a victory over the Vikings and a Rams loss to the 49ers.
4. DALLAS COWBOYS: Have clinched the NFC East and the No. 4 seed, meaning they will host a wild-card game.
5. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS: Clinched a wild-card spot. Yet to be determined is whether they are the No. 5 or No. 6 seed. A home win against the Arizona Cardinals or a Bears loss to the Vikings earns Seattle the No. 5 seed. A Seahawks loss combined with a Vikings win drops Seattle to No. 6.
6. MINNESOTA VIKINGS: Clinch a wild-card spot with a home victory over the Chicago Bears or a Philadelphia Eagles loss at Washington. Could earn the No. 5 seed if Seattle also loses. A Vikings loss coupled with an Eagles win eliminates Minnesota and qualifies the Eagles at No. 6.
7. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: A win at Washington and a Vikings home loss to the Bears would earn the Eagles the final NFC playoff spot.