More than 100 entries were submitted to the L.A. Times Holiday Cookie Bake-Off this year, and more than 1,000 votes were cast by readers. We took the top 50 vote-getters and put them to the test today at Le Cordon Bleu cooking school in Pasadena. Judges included Food editor Russ Parsons, Food writer Jenn Harris, Test Kitchen director Noelle Carter, Cooks County pastry chef Roxana Jullapat and myself.
The results are in. Here are our 10 favorite holiday cookies from this year's Cookie Bake-Off:
- Vesta Bars — Bradie Fink
- Boppsie’s Molasses Cookies — Liz Boerkoel
- Muma’s Red and Green Christmas Cookies — Karen Florek
- Macarons filled with White Chocolate Peppermint Ganache — Alison Young
- Sugar and Spice Cookies — Elizabeth Morner
- Italian Pignoli Cookies — Gail Field
- Jan’s Famous Rugalah — Jan Lansing
Maple Pecan Pie Bars — Sharon Graves
- Goodwill Cookies — Sarah Mahoney
- Grandma’s Peppermint Hot Chocolate Fudge — Lauren Bajorinas
We'll be inviting the readers who submitted the top 10 cookie recipes to downtown L.A. for a tour of the Test Kitchen and to be photographed in our studio. The recipes are scheduled to run in the Saturday, Dec. 20 section.