Motorists from Beverly Hills to Glendale should expect street closures Monday and Tuesday during President Obama's visit to Southern California.
The Los Angeles Police Department has released a guide for which areas to avoid. They include:
- Los Angeles International Airport, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Monday
- Westwood and Beverly Hills (405 Freeway to La Cienega Boulevard and Santa Monica Boulevard to Venice Boulevard), 4:45 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Monday
- Mid-City (Fairfax Avenue to Western Avenue and Beverly Boulevard to Pico Boulevard), 8 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. on Tuesday
- Glendale (Riverside Drive, San Fernando Road and Grandview Avenue to North Pacific Avenue; West Kenneth Road to Victory Boulevard, San Fernando Road, 5 and 134 Freeways), 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday
- Los Angeles International Airport, 1:15 p.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday
Obama's itinerary will include a fundraiser at the Beverly Hills home of veteran media executive Haim Saban and his wife, Cheryl.
On Tuesday, he will visit the Glendale campus of DreamWorks Animation SKG, where he will give a speech about the economy.
Obama had planned a similar West Coast trip in September to raise money for Democratic House and Senate candidates. But the government shutdown and possible military action in Syria kept him in Washington.