Advertisement

D.A. declines to file domestic violence charge against 'Saving Private Ryan' actor Tom Sizemore

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office has declined to file felony charges against actor Tom Sizemore following his arrest last month on suspicion of assaulting his girlfriend.

Sizemore's case was referred to the Los Angeles city attorney's office, which will decide whether to file a misdemeanor charge against him, according to charge evaluation filing. Prosecutors say the alleged victim had minor injuries.

Advertisement

Best known for his roles in the films "Saving Private Ryan" and "Black Hawk Down," Sizemore has a history of domestic violence, prosecutors said in the filing. The previous incident of domestic violence was seven years ago.

The latest report occurred July 19 at about 8:15 a.m. in the 400 block of South Main Street, said Officer Jane Kim, spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Police Department. Officers received a report of domestic violence and took Sizemore into custody, she said.

Sizemore, 54, of Los Angeles, has a history of run-ins with law enforcement.

He pleaded no contest in 2006 to using methamphetamine outside a Bakersfield motel and was sentenced to 36 months of probation.

Los Angeles police arrested him twice in 2009: once on suspicion of battery on a former spouse and the other for allegedly transporting or selling a controlled substance, according to arrest records.

Then in 2011, Sizemore was arrested on charges of battery on a former spouse, arrest records show.

In July, Sizemore was reported to be driving a vehicle that ran over a stuntman on the set of the new TV show “Shooter.” Sizemore reportedly didn’t see the stuntman while filming at Agua Dulce Airpark. The actor’s representative declined to comment.

For breaking news in California, follow VeronicaRochaLA on Twitter.

MORE LOCAL NEWS

Advertisement
Advertisement