It appears Peyton Manning is returning to the field for one more NFL season.
Manning told the Denver Post's Mike Klis on Wednesday he is ready for the chance to win one more Super Bowl.
"I've been working real hard and I'm excited to be back with the Denver Broncos," Manning said. "Can't wait for April 13 to get here when the team can finally come together. I'm excited to get to work and get to know the new coaches and looking forward to trying to make 2015 a special year."
Manning still must pass a mandated physical for the team, which he will take on Thursday. But, "I see that as being pretty routine," he said.
Still, Manning, who turns 39 on March 24, will be making less money when he returns for his fourth year as a Bronco, his 18th in the NFL.
Multiple NFL insiders, including Klis, reported Manning agreed to a $4-million pay cut, making his 2015 salary $15 million.
Manning declined to comment on the numbers.
"I don't talk about my contract. I never have in 18 years and I'm not going to start now," Manning said.
Both Broncos Executive Vice President John Elway and new head Coach Gary Kubiak said previously they wanted Manning back and looked forward to one more season with him at the reins.
Manning has broken numerous records since joining the Broncos, never losing more than four games in a regular season. But after a failed Super Bowl appearance in 2013, the one and only goal seems clear, Elway said.
"There's not much he can add to his legacy," Elway said in February. "But the one thing he can add is another Super Bowl championship."