The Los Angeles Times today rolled out a new app for iOS and Android that allows readers to create highly personalized content feeds and follow the topics that interest them the most. The latest addition to the company’s growing digital portfolio is designed for users who prefer to engage with The Times’ world-class journalism and stay up to date with news and information essential to their lives via an app.
“We created an award-winning reading experience with the relaunch of our site earlier this year. Now, readers who get the Los Angeles Times via our app will be able to enjoy a complementary experience,” said
Offering new ways to access The Times’ compelling storytelling, analysis and commentary – from breaking news, Clippers, Lakers, Kings and Dodgers scores and the new California section, to coverage of all things Hollywood – the app’s standout features include:
· Follow Topics: unique, personalized news feed that allows readers to follow specific topics that interest them
· Browse Your Way: tablet users can choose different experiences for browsing and deep-diving simply by rotating the device
· See Your Progress: articles that have been read are greyed out, providing a visual cue to lend a sense of accomplishment and simplify discovery
· Save for Later: custom lists can now be created on the fly for future reading
· One-Touch Sharing: share Times articles, photos and videos across social networks, text and email with the press of a button