E-cigarette may have caused home explosion that injured O.C. teen

E-cigarette may have caused home explosion that injured Anaheim teenager, police say

An Anaheim teenager was injured in a home explosion Tuesday that may have been sparked by an e-cigarette, police said.

The explosion occurred before 3 p.m. in the 700 block of South Quail Circle, said Anaheim Police Department Lt. Bob Dunn.

The 17-year-old boy injured in the blast was being taken to a hospital before police and paramedics arrived at the home, Dunn said. His injuries are not life-threatening, but his exact condition was unknown.

Witnesses told police that the boy was holding an electronic cigarette in the moments before the explosion.

An investigation into what triggered the blast is ongoing, Dunn said.

No one else was injured and no property was damaged.

For breaking news in California, follow @MattHjourno

Copyright © 2018, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World