The suspect in a home-intruder case involving actress Sandra Bullock was charged Wednesday with possessing an arsenal of weapons, including several machine guns, prosecutors said.
Authorities said numerous weapons were discovered inside the Montrose home of Joshua James Corbett, 39, who is suspected of breaking into the actress' home and has been charged with burglary.
Corbett is also charged with 19 felony counts, including seven counts of possession of a machine gun, two counts of a possession of an illegal assault weapon and 10 counts of possession of a destructive device, said Deputy Dist. Atty. Wendy Segall.
Corbett was due to be arraigned Wednesday afternoon on the gun charges. Last week, he pleaded not guilty to breaking into Bullock's West Los Angeles' home June 8 and was ordered by Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Renee Korn to stay at least 200 yards away from Bullock.
If convicted of all the charges, Corbett could face up to 12 years in jail.
Prosecutors say Corbett scaled a fence to access Bullock's property on June 8 and then broke into the home around 1 a.m.
Bullock was home at the time of the break-in, which came hours after she appeared at an awards ceremony.
Authorities said Los Angeles police subsequently responded to a 911 call from Bullock's home and Corbett was arrested. Investigators said they believe that he entered the house through a back door.
Prosecutors said Corbett was not in possession of the machine gun at the time of the break-in, but that the weapon was found June 9 during a subsequent search.
The Oscar-winning star of "The Blind Side" obtained an emergency protective order against Corbett to stay away from her. Prosecutors have accused Corbett of "willfully, maliciously and repeatedly" following the actress and harassing her.
On Wednesday, prosecutors asked that his bail be increased to $2 million from $185,000.
Follow @lacrimes for Southern California crime and courts