1. What sort of punishment are the Clippers likely to levy against Griffin? It’s impossible to know exactly what Coach
2. The Clippers have won 13 of 16 games without Griffin, so what’s the big deal? They have had only a handful of quality victories during their recent surge. They have won using smaller lineups, playing better defense and taking more three-pointers. Their stylistic shift has worked, which could present a quandary once Griffin returns. Do they try to integrate Griffin into the system they have adopted or go back to an offensive approach that relied heavily on Griffin taking long jump shots? The Clippers’ schedule also takes a much tougher turn starting after the All-Star break, with two games against the
3. What kind of reception is Griffin likely to receive when he returns to Staples Center? One loyal season-ticket holder has already emailed Griffin and Ballmer demanding Griffin provide a full explanation or he will ask for a refund, but it seems reasonable to expect that most Clippers fans will embrace Griffin upon his return, which could come as soon as Friday against the Lakers. He has been a charismatic, friendly member of the team since his rookie season and has shown remarkable restraint on the court when other players have tried to provoke him with physical play.
4. What will the atmosphere be like in the locker room between the men involved in the scuffle going forward? Things could be awkward for a while, but it probably helps that both Griffin and Testi are universally well-liked by Clippers players and staff members. There were some exasperated expressions in the locker room in recent days, but players supported both parties involved. It could be akin to the aftermath of a family squabble: There's no choice but to stay together.
5. How is the rest of the team holding up after dealing with this? Better than could be expected. In retrospect, it seemed clear that the Clippers were rattled after some players learned of the altercation only hours before playing the