The 74th Golden Globe Awards take place Sunday, Jan. 8 with Jimmy Fallon taking on hosting duties. "La La Land," with seven nominations, "Moonlight," with six and "Manchester by the Sea," with five nominations are film frontrunners. In TV, the heart-warming "This is Us" series scored more nominations than bloody, crowd favorite "Game of Thrones." New TV was certainly the trend, "Atlanta," "Insecure," and "Westworld" all racked up nominations showcasing lots of talent and fresh creators.
The biggest surprise? Multiple nods for comic book underdog movie "Deadpool."
Scroll down for all the reactions and predictions for the big night.
- Full list of 2017 Golden Globes nominees
- In defense of Jonah Hill's Golden Globe nomination
- Read our reviews for all the new TV series that were nominated at the 2017 Golden Globes
- The "Stranger Things" kids continue their hold over cutest kids on television
- Jimmy Fallon to host 2017 Golden Globe Awards
- Ryan Reynolds starts a tickle fight over "Deadpool's" nominations
- Listen to all the nominees for the original score from "La La Land" to Pharrell Williams
- Who took home the most nominations for Television and Film ?
- The biggest snubs and surprises ... "Deadpool?"
Nominated for her performance in the drama "Loving," actress Ruth Negga responded to being honored by the Hollywood Foreign Press Assn. with this statement:
“I am profoundly grateful for this recognition," wrote the Ethiopian-Irish actress. "I can’t thank the HFPA enough for their support, this is such an honor. I am humbled to be in the company of all of these extraordinary, talented, and powerful women.
"It has been such a gift to share Mildred and Richard Loving’s important story with the world. I share this honor with my partner in the film, Joel Edgerton, our incredible director Jeff Nichols and everyone involved in bringing Loving to life.”