Times Community Newspapers (TCN), a division of the Los Angeles Times, publishes seven newspapers: Burbank Leader, Coastline Pilot ( Laguna Beach), Crescenta Valley Sun, Daily Pilot (Newport Beach/Costa Mesa), Glendale News-Press, Huntington Beach Independent and La Cañada Valley Sun.
The seven TCN newspapers maintain separate editorial and business staffs from that of The Times, and focus exclusively on in-depth local coverage of their respective communities. The Daily Pilot and Glendale News-Press have won the California Newspaper Publishers Assn.'s general excellence awards in their category.
- Burbank Leader, established in 1985, is published Wednesday and Saturday. It is a successor to the Burbank Daily Review, which was founded in 1908. Circulation: 9,693 Wednesday and 12,965 Saturday.
- Coastline Pilot (Laguna Beach) is published Fridays. It serves the Southern California coastal community of Laguna Beach. Circulation: 16,089.
- Daily Pilot ( Costa Mesa) has served the Orange County cities of Newport Beach and Costa Mesa since 1907. Circulation: 17,357 Monday through Thursday, 17,242 Friday, 20,693 Saturday and 24,608 Sunday.
- Glendale News-Press, TCN's oldest newspaper, was established in 1905 and is published Monday through Saturday. It serves the communities of Glendale and La Crescenta. Circulation: 14,169 Monday-Thursday, 22,673 Friday-Saturday.
- Huntington Beach Independent is published Thursdays, and serves the Orange County communities of Huntington Beach and Fountain Valley. It was established in 1966. Circulation: 21,447.
- La Cañada Valley Sun is published Thursdays and has served the La Cañada community since 1959. Circulation: 7,832.
La Cañada Valley Sun was acquired by TCN in April 2005. The Coastline Pilot was acquired by TCN in April 2002. The remaining TCN newspapers were acquired by The Times in 1993.