Forty-nine people are dead and at least 53 injured in the deadliest shooting in American history after Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old U.S. citizen, opened fire and took hostages inside the Pulse gay nightclub in Orlando, Fla.
What we know:
- All 49 victims who were killed at Pulse on Sunday have now been identified. You can read their stories here.
- Mateen made a series of Facebook posts before and during his attack raging against the "filthy ways of the West," according to a Senate committee letter.
- President Obama met with victims' families in Orlando.
- Investigators are focusing on the question of how much Mateen's current wife , Noor Zahi Salman, knew about his plans before the attack. She could face federal charges if she knew the attack was going to occur but failed to alert authorities.
- Gunman Omar Mateen had used a gay dating app in the year before the shooting, and had visited Pulse several times before.
- Follow coverage from the Orlando Sentinel and see a timeline of how the shooting unfolded.