Reports that Tiger Woods has suffered serious setbacks in his recovery from multiple back surgeries are not true, his agent said.
"The tweets that appeared this weekend about Tiger's health are ridiculous and absolutely false,'' Mark Steinberg said in a statement Monday. "It's reprehensible that every few months someone makes something up and it's treated like a real story. Tiger continues to work on his rehabilitation and we will have an accurate update at the appropriate time.''
The Twitter account known as Secret Golf Pro tweeted Sunday that Woods' condition has worsened to the point that he can't drive a car, can only walk around for 45 minutes at the most and spends much of his time just lying down.
Though some may have been leery of reports from an anonymous source like that, Fox Sports' Robert Lusetich offered a similar account of Woods' condition on Monday, tweeting that the former world No. 1 "can't move well" and has "no foreseeable return" to the golf course.
Lusetich said later Monday on "The Dan Patrick Show " that "I’m not declaring that his career is over and he’ll never play golf again, but this is not good news for anyone who is a Tiger Woods fan or is a golf fan."
Woods had microdiscectomies in March and September of last year, and more back surgery in October. He hasn't competed since tying for 10th at the Wyndham Championship in August.