This is our look at President-elect Donald Trump's transition and the outgoing Obama administration:
- Sanctions against Russia are part of sweeping punishments announced by Obama administration
- Trump claims credit for Sprint and OneWeb job announcements
- John Kerry defends Obama's support for Israel, calls for resumption of Mideast talks
- The Times assesses Kerry's legacy
- Obama and Japan's Shinzo Abe tour memorial of Pearl Harbor attack
Follow us on Twitter for more, or subscribe to our free daily politics newsletter.
Backers of laws allowing marijuana use in California are girding for a possible political and legal battle against President-elect Donald Trump’s pick for attorney general, Sen. Jeff Sessions, a staunch foe of pot legalization.
Marijuana industry leaders in the state and around the U.S. have launched an opposition campaign to the Senate confirmation of the Republican senator from Alabama and are appealing to the Trump camp to make sure the president-elect’s policies are consistent with his campaign comments that he favors allowing states to decide how to enforce marijuana laws.