This is our look at President-elect Donald Trump's transition and the outgoing Obama administration:
- Sanctions against Russia are part of sweeping punishments announced by Obama administration
- Trump claims credit for Sprint and OneWeb job announcements
- John Kerry defends Obama's support for Israel , calls for resumption of Mideast talks
- The Times assesses Kerry's legacy
- Obama and Japan's Shinzo Abe tour memorial of Pearl Harbor attack
Follow us on Twitter for more, or subscribe to our free daily politics newsletter .
Donald Trump arrives Thursday in Indiana to tout the saving of about 1,000 American jobs — and to add yet more positive shine to an image honed daily with his effervescent use of social media.
Trump claimed this week on Twitter that he’d persuaded the Carrier heating and air conditioning firm to retain many of the jobs it planned to send to Mexico — a plan that Trump regularly criticized during his campaign.
Then he announced that he will change his relationship with his namesake development company. The Internet roared with assertions that Trump was going to leave his company entirely — thus lessening obvious conflicts of interest — even though Trump had not gone that far.