This is our look at President-elect Donald Trump's transition and the outgoing Obama administration. Here's what's happening:
- Nancy Pelosi beats back challenger to retain House leadership post
- Trump tweets he will announce plans to leave his businesses to focus on presidency
- Trump picks Wall Street exec Steven Mnuchin to head Treasury
- Trade critic Wilbur Ross to lead Commerce department
- Romney and Trump discuss State over frog legs
Facing the likelihood of dramatically stepped-up deportations under a President Donald Trump, the Supreme Court justices sounded closely split Wednesday over whether the government can indefinitely jail immigrants with criminal convictions while they fight legal efforts to remove them from the country.
Trump, who made illegal immigration one of the platforms of his presidential campaign, has promised to deport as many as 3 million immigrants once he takes office, and the Supreme Court case involving a Los Angeles immigrant could give his administration greater leverage.