It looks like former rap mogul Marion "Suge" Knight will remain in custody on $10-million bail.
Knight's bail became an issue last week when his attorney, Matthew Fletcher, said Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s camp reached out to him and offered to pay the bond if he won his fight over Manny Pacquiao.
But on Friday, representatives for Mayweather said they know nothing about any plan the boxer had to pay Knight's bail if he beat Pacquiao.
When asked for a response, Fletcher texted the Los Angeles Times: "I haven't spoken with either party this week… been in trial."
Last week, Fletcher said Mayweather was one of Knight's wealthiest friends and also a good friend. He said Knight was praying for Mayweather's victory.
The Los Angeles County district attorney's office declined to comment about Mayweather's alleged offer.
The ex-music executive is accused of deliberately running over Terry Carter, 55, and Cle "Bone" Sloan, 51, in a restaurant parking lot on Jan. 29 after an argument on the set of a commercial about the film "Straight Outta Compton." Carter died and Sloan was injured.
Knight was held without bail when he turned himself into authorities in January in connection with a deadly hit-and-run. Los Angeles County sheriff's officials argued he was a flight risk, had witness intimidation issues and had an extensive criminal past.
The Death Row Records cofounder's bail was later set at $25 million after prosecutors contended he has been implicated in robberies, extortion, money laundering, assaults, witness intimidation and battery in the past, an affidavit filed by the prosecutor said.
Following a preliminary hearing last month, a Los Angeles Superior Court judge reduced Knight's bail to the current $10 million, saying there was enough evidence to order Knight to stand trial, but not enough to justify $25-million bail.
Knight's next court date is May 27.