Donald Trump swings through the battleground state of Ohio. Hillary Clinton campaigns in North Carolina with Michelle Obama.
- Many Trump supporters think the election will not be fair.
- Eric Garner's daughter assails Clinton campaign for contemplating naming her dad in an op-ed on gun violence.
- Mike Pence's campaign plane has a rough landing in New York.
- Aide says he once arranged for $50 million in payments to Bill Clinton.
- Evan McMullin has made Utah competitive, but his aspirations are much bigger.
Donald Trump channels Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a new ad appealing to Hindu Americans — he even throws in a little Hindi.
“Ab ki baar, Trump sarkar,” Trump says in the ad, which translates to, "this time, a Trump government."
Modi used the same slogan in his own political campaign in 2013 — “Ab ki baar, Modi sarkar.”
The Trump campaign timed the ad to air before the celebration of the Hindu festival Diwali this weekend. The video plays cuts of Trump lighting a candle and speaking at a GOP Hindu Coalition charity event this month in New Jersey. It’s played against a background of traditional Indian music.
“The Indian and Hindu community will have a true friend in the White House,” he said in the clip from the event. He adds that the U.S. will defeat radical Islamic terrorism in a Trump presidency.
Trump’s chairman of his Indian American advisory committee, Shalabh Kumar, told BuzzFeed News that the ad is airing 20 times a day on Indian American channels.