Panorama: Space shuttle Endeavour at the California Science Center
Explore the space shuttle Endeavour exhibit in the Samuel Oschin Space Shuttle Endeavour Display Pavilion at the California Science Center. Photos of Endeavour's Southland flyover | Read more
Visitors can get up close to Endeavour, SPACEHAB, a SSME or space shuttle main engine and images and video about Endeavour's past missions and the crews who flew them. Endeavour, also known as Orbiter Vehicle-105, completed 25 missions into space, including the first service mission to the Hubble Space Telescope and the first mission to add a U.S.-built component to the International Space Station. SPACEHAB served as a workshop and extra living space for astronauts. The SSME helped launch the shuttle up to orbit. A companion exhibit, The California Story, tells of the shuttle program's California origin. Interactive graphic of the exhibit
Additional panoramas are of Endeavour's arrival in Los Angeles, inside the NASA Shuttle Carrier Aircraft that transported it to L.A. and the shuttle's preparations in the United hangar at Los Angeles International Airport.
Copyright © 2013, Los Angeles Times
- 2 adults, 4 children missing since Sunday are found alive 12/10/2013, 12:38 p.m.
- Homeless man creates smartphone app, hopes to help the environment 12/10/2013, 12:30 p.m.
- Council approves nearly $6-million payout in LAPD ticket quota case 12/10/2013, 12:22 p.m.
- South African President Zuma humiliated at Nelson Mandela memorial 12/10/2013, 12:17 p.m.
- LACMA announces Art + Technology Lab, with support from Google, SpaceX 12/10/2013, 12:16 p.m.
- Senate confirms Mel Watt to key housing post - latimes.com - Politics 12/10/2013, 3:12 p.m.
- Without Juan Uribe, a black hole at third for Dodgers? Is this right? - Sports - latimes.com 12/10/2013, 3:00 p.m.
- Obama's approval ratings stabilize in latest poll - L.A. Times - Politics 12/10/2013, 2:54 p.m.
- Obama's approval ratings stabilize in latest poll - latimes.com - Politics 12/10/2013, 2:54 p.m.
- Congressional budget negotiators reach a deal - latimes.com - Politics 12/10/2013, 3:36 p.m.