Panorama: Space shuttle Endeavour at the California Science Center
Explore the space shuttle Endeavour exhibit in the Samuel Oschin Space Shuttle Endeavour Display Pavilion at the California Science Center. Photos of Endeavour's Southland flyover | Read more
Visitors can get up close to Endeavour, SPACEHAB, a SSME or space shuttle main engine and images and video about Endeavour's past missions and the crews who flew them. Endeavour, also known as Orbiter Vehicle-105, completed 25 missions into space, including the first service mission to the Hubble Space Telescope and the first mission to add a U.S.-built component to the International Space Station. SPACEHAB served as a workshop and extra living space for astronauts. The SSME helped launch the shuttle up to orbit. A companion exhibit, The California Story, tells of the shuttle program's California origin. Interactive graphic of the exhibit
Additional panoramas are of Endeavour's arrival in Los Angeles, inside the NASA Shuttle Carrier Aircraft that transported it to L.A. and the shuttle's preparations in the United hangar at Los Angeles International Airport.
Copyright © 2013, Los Angeles Times
- Jason Vargas brilliant as Angels walk past White Sox, 6-2 05/19/2013, 3:52 p.m.
- Spurs dominate Grizzlies in Game 1, 105-83 05/19/2013, 3:15 p.m.
- Jonathan Quick won't be fined or suspended for Game 3 tirade 05/19/2013, 3:15 p.m.
- Alhambra supports controversial freeway tunnel 05/19/2013, 1:57 p.m.
- Cannes 2013: The musical side of the Coens' 'Inside Llewyn Davis' 05/19/2013, 1:53 p.m.
- Dodgers stumble a little deeper, swept by Braves with 5-2 loss - Sports - latimes.com 05/19/2013, 4:37 p.m.
- UC hospital strikers' numbers to be decided by court - L.A. Times - California | Local News 05/19/2013, 3:40 p.m.
- Letters show rift over San Onofre nuclear repairs - L.A. Times - California | Local News 05/19/2013, 3:30 p.m.
- Jonathan Quick won't be fined or suspended for Game 3 tirade - Sports - latimes.com 05/19/2013, 3:15 p.m.
- Spurs dominate Grizzlies in Game 1, 105-83 - L.A. Times - Sports 05/19/2013, 3:15 p.m.