Panorama: Space shuttle Endeavour at the California Science Center
Explore the space shuttle Endeavour exhibit in the Samuel Oschin Space Shuttle Endeavour Display Pavilion at the California Science Center. Photos of Endeavour's Southland flyover | Read more
Visitors can get up close to Endeavour, SPACEHAB, a SSME or space shuttle main engine and images and video about Endeavour's past missions and the crews who flew them. Endeavour, also known as Orbiter Vehicle-105, completed 25 missions into space, including the first service mission to the Hubble Space Telescope and the first mission to add a U.S.-built component to the International Space Station. SPACEHAB served as a workshop and extra living space for astronauts. The SSME helped launch the shuttle up to orbit. A companion exhibit, The California Story, tells of the shuttle program's California origin. Interactive graphic of the exhibit
Additional panoramas are of Endeavour's arrival in Los Angeles, inside the NASA Shuttle Carrier Aircraft that transported it to L.A. and the shuttle's preparations in the United hangar at Los Angeles International Airport.
Copyright © 2013, Los Angeles Times
- Clippers to begin search for new coach to replace Vinny Del Negro 05/21/2013, 5:00 p.m.
- Jodi Arias asks jury for life term; deliberations begin 05/21/2013, 4:28 p.m.
- Reid to delay Senate votes on most Obama nominees until July 05/21/2013, 4:27 p.m.
- Gov. Cuomo warns Khloe Kardashian & Co. about Rich Soil logo 05/21/2013, 4:11 p.m.
- Michael Jordan says Bobcats will change name to Charlotte Hornets 05/21/2013, 3:58 p.m.
- Do Chris Paul, Blake Griffin know best who should coach Clippers? - L.A. Times - Sports 05/21/2013, 6:52 p.m.
- Tornado survivor huddled with dogs as house started moving - Nation - latimes.com 05/21/2013, 6:50 p.m.
- Softball: City semifinal results and championship schedule - Varsity Times Insider 05/21/2013, 6:38 p.m.
- Charities solicit donations to help Oklahoma tornado victims - Nation - latimes.com 05/21/2013, 6:25 p.m.
- Guatemala full of questions after genocide conviction annulled - L.A. Times - World News 05/21/2013, 6:15 p.m.