Public hearings on the city's study of future development along the San Bernardino Freeway will be held by the Planning Commission on Oct. 15 and Nov. 5. After the hearings, the commission is expected to forward its recommendation to the City Council, which will hold a public hearing on the study Nov. 10.
Earlier this week, the council ruled against Councilwoman Nancy Manner's proposal to discuss the study before receiving the commission's recommendation. She said she wanted more time to review the study.
But Councilmen Kenneth Chappell and Robert Bacon said they preferred to abide by the normal procedure of receiving the commission's recommendation before discussing an issue.
Officials say the study will be used as a guide for commercial development along the five-mile stretch of freeway.