Advertisement

Joint Search for MIAs in Laos to Go Ahead

From Reuters

The government of Laos has agreed to go forward with a joint search for missing American servicemen that was delayed two weeks ago because of a dispute over a U.S. report that listed Laos and Burma as major drug sources, the State Department said Thursday.

Spokesman Charles Redman said the U.S.-Laotian mission, which had been set for March 4, will take place shortly, with a team of American experts due to arrive in Laos on Saturday. It will be the fifth joint U.S.-Laotian mission to search for 547 American servicemen still listed as missing in Laos from the Vietnam War.


Advertisement