Venice Family Clinic's annual Silver Circle event, held Feb. 2 at the Ritz Carlton in Marina del Rey, netted $305,000 for the clinic. Bernice Wolf was chair.
* Gift of Sight, a program sponsored by LensCrafters and Lions Clubs International, announced donations of more than 125,000 pairs of used eyeglasses through a public appeal. The eyeglasses will be recycled and distributed in Central America.
* Stepping Stone, which provides temporary refuge and counseling for abused and neglected children, netted $42,000 at its Saks Fifth Avenue fashion show, luncheon and silent auction on Feb. 6 at the Regent Beverly Wilshire.
* Mexican American Alumni Assn. at USC held its annual banquet Feb. 15 at the USC Faculty Center. The event, attended by 500 guests, netted $219,000 for the association's scholarship program. Miller Brewing Company donated $25,000 to underwrite the gala.
* L. A. City Area Special Olympics, which is sponsored by the Los Angeles Junior Chamber of Commerce, received a $30,000 donation Jan. 12 from the Los Angeles Turners, a Germanic organization focused on advancing cultural and physical education.
* Twenty nonprofit organizations serving women and girls in Los Angeles County will share $95,166 in grants from the Los Angeles Women' s Foundation. The foundation has, since 1987, awarded more than $467,000 to aid females in the areas of health, safety, education, economic empowerment and the arts. Some of the organizations sharing in the spring grant are Beyond Shelter, Didi Hirsch Psychiatric Services, ERAS (Educational Resource & Service) Center, Rainbow Services, STOP-GAP and United American Indian Involvement Inc.
* Thalians president Debbie Reynolds and chairman of the board Ruta Lee recently presented a $350,000 check to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Funds are to be used for programs at the hospital's mental health facility. This latest check marks another payment from the Thalians on their latest $2-million pledge.
* Aviva Center raised more than $8,000 at its first major fund-raiser Feb. 7. The event was a reading of Sybille Pearson's play "Phantasie" by the L. A. Theatre Works company. Aviva Center is a multiservice social agency serving abused, neglected and emotionally disturbed adolescents.
* Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times received a $9,000 check from Alpha Delta Pi Southern California Area Council to help provide young children with cancer a medically safe vacation. Proceeds were raised at a benefit Valentine English High Tea held Feb. 12.