Advertisement
Share

VENTURA : Meetings Planned on Keys Dredging

The city of Ventura will hold public information workshops tonight and next Thursday on a proposal to assess residents of the Ventura Keys neighborhood for the cost of dredging silt out of their back-yard waterways.

The workshops are scheduled to begin both evenings at 7 p.m. in the cafeteria at Ventura High School, 2155 E. Main St., Ventura.

The city has proposed paying 25% of the dredging costs and assessing the Keys residents for the remaining 75%, saying that the neighborhood’s developer signed an agreement with the city in 1964 passing the cost of regular dredging on to the residents.

Keys residents have argued that the silt in their waterways is the city’s responsibility because it comes from fields and storm drains of east Ventura.

Advertisement


Advertisement