That spinach salad, a great source of vitamins, wasn’t met with much gusto by your little eater? Here are some vegetable options:
* Vitamin A. Good vision; healthy skin, teeth and bones. Romaine lettuce, asparagus, green beans, tomatoes, carrots.
* Vitamin B family. Healthy nervous system and digestive system; development of red blood cells.
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin). Spinach, asparagus, salad greens.
Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid). Cauliflower, sweet potatoes, broccoli.
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). Kidney and garbanzo beans, peas.
* Biotin: Mushrooms.
* Folic acid. Lima beans, spinach, broccoli.
* Vitamin C. Healthy cells, teeth. Broccoli, cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes.
* Vitamin E. Formation of red blood cells. Vegetable oils, olives, spinach.
* Vitamin K. Proper blood clotting. Kale, spinach, vegetable oils.
Source: Jody Lander Spector, registered dietitian, St. Vincent Medical Center, Los Angeles.