For dedicated gardeners, here are suggestions from the California Assn. of Nurserymen on what to do in the garden this week:
* Continue feeding chrysanthemums until their buds show color.
* To cover your bulb beds, try some old favorites like forget-me-nots and violets.
* It’s a good time to clean up the garden, removing any infected branches or twigs.
* Check your espaliered plants such as pyracantha, cape honeysuckle and citrus and tie back unruly branches.
* Daffodils can be planted from early to late fall for you to enjoy their bright yellow blooms come spring.