Ian Pitt-Watson; Taught at Theological Seminary in Pasadena
Ian Pitt-Watson, 71, professor of preaching and theology at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena. A native of Scotland and the son of a prominent minister, Pitt-Watson was ordained in 1950 as senior assistant minister at the Cathedral Church of St. Giles in Edinburgh, Scotland. As John Knox’s congregation, Cathedral is often considered the mother church of Presbyterianism. He served six years as chaplain at the University of Aberdeen and then had pastorates in Dundee and Glasgow. He served as head of the department of practical theology at Aberdeen until he joined the Fuller faculty in 1980. During his tenure in Great Britain, Pitt-Watson was a regular broadcaster on radio and television. He retired from Fuller in September. On Jan. 11 in London.