Mike Noonan has been named vice president, business retention for the Orange County Economic Development Consortium, the economic development operation of the Orange County Business Council. Noonan retired after 25 years with Pacific Bell, where he was director of external affairs and responsible for government relations and community affairs.
* William A. Steele has been made a partner in the Costa Mesa office of Deloitte & Touche LLP, an accounting, tax and consulting firm. Steele is responsible for leading the firm’s Western Regional Realty Consulting Group.
* Paula Bordigon has joined the Irvine high-tech public relations and marketing communications firm of Lages & Associates as senior account executive. She previously held public relations account executive positions with Hilary Kaye & Associates, the Rudestam Group and Galusha & Associates.
* Masa Lau has joined RiechesBaird, a Huntington Beach advertising, marketing and public relations agency, as art director. He was previously a free-lance graphic designer.
* Drew Villaume has been appointed branch manager of Irvine-based Preferred Mortgage Corp.'s new residential loan office in Aurora, Colo. He has eight years’ experience in the mortgage and real estate industry.
* Kelly Anderson has been named corporate sales manager for the Newport Beach Conference & Visitors Bureau. She joined the bureau in 1993 as sales coordinator. Before that, Anderson spent four years with Marriott Hotels.
* Gene C. Carpenter has joined Century West Environmental Inc. in Irvine as principal and manager of the new Irvine offices. Carpenter, a registered geologist, has more than 30 years of environmental and consulting experience.
* Larry Buster has been named assistant vice president-regional underwriting counsel and manager of Orange County title operations for First American Title Insurance Co. in Santa Ana. Buster, who has been with the company since 1979, was appointed manager of title operations in 1986. Also, Laurie Grushen has been selected a regional claims counsel. She joined the company in 1988 as an associate regional counsel for the Orange County branch office.
* Jay Carnahan has been appointed to the newly created position of vice president for the Orange County office of Transwestern Property Co. He was previously with PM Realty Group, where he held the top western division position. Transwestern, based in Los Angeles, provides brokerage and property management services.