‘90s FAMILY : What We Do for Our Children
Playing with toys in the tub, singing songs and playing with bubbles ranked as the three top activities at bath time for parents with infants, according to a national survey of 1,700 parents.
Here are some of the other responses that come out of the survey by Drypers Corp.:
* 43.8% of parents read to their children at bedtime;
* 31% rock their children to sleep;
* 16.7% sing their children to sleep;
* 28.7% make their own baby food.
The Single Parents and Raising Kids Fellowship group meets 7-9 p.m. every Wednesday. Free. Lake Avenue Congregational Church, Room 202, 393 N. Lake Ave., Pasadena. Call (818) 795-7221 for information . . . A workshop on the impact of adoption on the family will be held Tuesday at the Deerfield Community Center, 55 Yearwood West, Irvine. $10 for individual, $15 for couples. 7:30-9 p.m. Registration is required; call Sue Roth at (714) 253-5701 or the City of Irvine at (714) 724-6610 . . . On Feb. 3, children’s story time at Vroman’s Bookstore celebrates Black History month with African American authors and African folk tales. 10 a.m. Free. 695 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena. Call (818) 449-5320 for details . . . The Coalition of Parent Support, an organization of noncustodial parents, will meet Jan. 30 at 7 p.m. at the Sherman Oaks Galleria Community Room, 15301 Ventura Blvd. Free. Information: (818) 558-1970 or (805) 379-3156.
* This family roundup appears on Wednesdays. Items to be considered should be mailed 3 1/2 weeks before the event to Candace A. Wedlan, The Family File, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Fax: (213) 237-4888.