Fullerton Union High
201 E. Chapman Ave.
* Enrollment: 1,600
* Established: 1898
* Team name: The Indians
* Newspaper: Pleiades
* Principal: Greg Franklin
* Student president: Jesse Ayala
* Famous alumni: Former All-Star baseball catcher Del Crandall; Broadway performer John Raitt; former Pittsburgh Pirate and Brooklyn Dodger Arky Vaughn; Richard M. Nixon and former major league pitcher Walter "The Big Train" Johnson attended but did not graduate from the school
* Unsung hero: Teacher William Brown, who graduated from the school in 1964
* Winning moments: Academy of the Arts received Macy's award for production of "The Sound of Music"; agricultural department computer team won second place in state computer competition; 100 students volunteered for the Special Olympics
* Graduation: June 11, 5 p.m., at the football field
Vince Ruiz of Fullerton
* Achievements: Earned a 4.11 weighted grade-point average; completed 100 community-service hours as captain of Fullerton Police Explorers; Macy's award; U.S. history student of the year; lead roles in school plays; newspaper editor
* Connections: Associated Student Body treasurer; vocal ensemble; Jazz choir; drama club; Thespian Society; California Scholastic Federation; works at Knott's Berry Farm; church volunteer; backstage hand for children's theater group
* Ambitions: Attend USC, major in broadcast journalism "to participate in some broadcasting aspect of our world"
* Family: Parents are Vicente and Josefina Ruiz; three siblings: "The best people I've ever known"
* Claim to fame: Known as "the man with the voice!"
THE SENIOR CLASS: 284