Why did the belt get sent to jail? Because it held up a pair of pants. (Denzel Quarterman, 7, Beverly Hills, Beverly Vista Elementary)
* What kind of roots does a mathematical plant have? Square roots. (Drew Jones, 11, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga Elementary)
* What kind of a car do cats drive? Catillacs. (Chava Aliza Macales, 10, Northridge, Andasol Avenue Elementary)
* What did the bear eat when he woke up in the morning and didn't have time to comb his hair? Honeycomb. (Mai Nguyen, 12, Garden Grove, Excelsior School)
* Why do you measure snakes in inches? They don't have feet. (Willie Bobadilla, 9, Norwalk, D.D. Johnston School)
* What did the flower say to the bee? "Get off my back." (Billie Meade, 10, Norwalk, D.D. Johnston School)
* KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we've published before. And please be patient.