If you have a problem with your neighbor:
* Keep a written log. This will help you determine if a problem requires discussion with a neighbor. If so, you've got solid information.
* Assume your neighbor is innocent. Approach your neighbor with pleasant neutrality, and chances are you'll be met with the same. Assume he or she doesn't know there is a problem.
* Communicate, don't retaliate. Retaliation makes you the bad guy, particularly if your neighbor doesn't know there is a problem.
* Remember tolerance. We all blast our music from time to time.
* Creative solutions exist. Don't think either/or; do think creative compromise
* Put your money where your mouth is. If there is only a financial fix to a problem that gets under your skin, weigh your willingness to put cash on the line.