* 33% of all teens think people with acne are less popular.
* 12% of teens regard acne as one of the most traumatic things about adolescence.
* 22% of teens would give up $1,000 in prize money for an acne-free complexion.
* 81% of teens believe frequently washing their face will prevent acne.
* 31% of teen boys accept acne as a normal part of being a teenager.
* 22% of teen girls accept acne as a normal part of being a teenager.
* 13% of teen girls like themselves less because of acne.
* 6% of teen boys like themselves less because of acne.
Source: American Academy of Dermatology