* Louis M. Barrie has been named a principal in Encino-based Skyline Group's Long Term Care Insurance Advisors division. Barrie goes to Skyline from John Alden Long Term Care, Woodland Hills, where he was national sales manager.
* Chet Brett has been appointed manager of productions and creative affairs for the Comedy III Entertainment Group, Glendale. Brett most recently worked as sales and marketing director for AdvantEdge Television Advertising in New York City.
Comedy III is a diversified entertainment franchising and licensing company founded in 1959 by the Three Stooges comedy team.
* Martin M. Cooper, president of Cooper Communications Inc., Woodland Hills, has been named chairman of the 11th annual Business Forecast Conference sponsored by the Valley Industry and Commerce Assn. The event is scheduled Nov. 5 at the Warner Center Marriott in Woodland Hills.
* Larry D. Brady will join UNOVA Inc., Woodland Hills, as president and chief operating officer. He will be responsible for the $2-billion industrial technologies company's two business segments: Industrial Automation Systems and Automated Data Systems.
Brady had been president of FMC Corp., Chicago, until June of this year.
UNOVA produces manufacturing systems for metalworking industries, and data collection networking technology.
* Jack Reily will join Woodland Hills-based Vertel's board of directors. Currently an independent consultant to the telecommunications industry, Reily was an executive director at Broadview International, a global investment bank serving the telecommunications, communications and media industries worldwide.
Vertel provides telecom network management software and technical infrastructures for the telecommunications industry.
* Brian Hennessey has joined the Sherman Oaks office of Grubb & Ellis Co. as a vice president with the services group. He had worked for Madison Partners in West Los Angeles.
Grubb & Ellis is a publicly traded commercial real estate services firm.