Advertisement

Eric Douglas death called overdose

Associated Press

The death of the youngest son of Oscar-winning actor Kirk Douglas was caused by an accidental overdose of alcohol and prescription pills, authorities said Monday.

Eric Douglas’ death last month was due to “acute intoxication” from alcohol and prescription tranquilizers and painkillers, said Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the New York City medical examiner’s office.

Douglas, 46, was found dead inside a Manhattan apartment building July 6. There were no signs of foul play, police said.

A spokesman for the Douglas family declined to comment Monday on the medical examiner’s findings.

Advertisement


Advertisement