* Commerce Department reports on personal income and spending for September.
* Treasury bill auction.
* Quarterly earnings reports due from Clear Channel Communications Inc., Humana Inc., MetLife Inc. and VerizonCommunications Inc.
* Labor Department reports on employment cost index for the third quarter.
* Conference Board reports its monthly consumer confidence index.
* Quarterly earnings reports due from DreamWorks Animation, McKesson Corp., American Electric Power Co., Archer Daniels Midland Co., Biogen Idec Inc., Charter Communications Inc., Eastman Kodak Co., Loews Corp., Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc., Molson Coors Brewing Co., Procter & GambleCo., Qwest Communications International Inc., UAL Corp. and United States Steel Corp.
* Commerce Department reports on construction spending for September.
* Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke speaks at an economic conference.
* Automakers release sales figures for October.
* Quarterly earnings reports due from Burger King Holdings Inc., Cigna Corp., Electronic Data Systems Corp., Las Vegas Sands Corp, MasterCard Inc., Newmont Mining Corp., Prudential Financial Inc. and Time Warner Inc.
* Labor Department reports on preliminary third-quarter productivity and costs.
* Labor Department reports on weekly jobless claims.
* Commerce Department reports on factory orders for September.
* Freddie Mac reports on mortgage rates.
* Quarterly earnings reports due from Electronic Arts Inc., Gateway Inc., Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc., Univision Communications Inc., Blockbuster Inc., CBS Corp., International Paper Co., MGM Mirage and Morningstar Inc.
* Labor Department reports on employment for October.
* Quarterly earnings reports due from Duke Energy Corp. and Washington Post Co.