Advertisement

Burning towel blamed for $1-million house fire

From Times Staff and Wire Reports

A fire that destroyed a two-story house Saturday was blamed on a smoldering dish towel tossed in the trash before the family left home, authorities said.

Firefighters were called to the 4900 block of Felicia Drive about 10:20 a.m. and quelled the fire in about half an hour. The few items not singed were packed in boxes in the garage, officials said.

Damage was estimated at more than $1 million.


Advertisement
Advertisement