President Trump arrived Tuesday in Los Angeles, and officials are warning Angelenos to brace for rush-hour congestion.
The president is slated to have several campaign fundraising events during his visit, although the engagements are private and little has been revealed about his plans.
After attending a Palo Alto fundraiser around midday Tuesday, the president arrived at Los Angeles International Airport about 4:10 p.m. and will make his way to downtown L.A. He is then scheduled to travel to Beverly Hills, arriving about 6 p.m.
After a roundtable with supporters and a fundraising committee dinner, Trump will return to downtown for the night.
Here are the street closures in downtown L.A. and Beverly Hills, which went into effect Tuesday morning and will continue through midday Wednesday:
- Figueroa Boulevard between 6th and 8th streets
- Wilshire Boulevard between Flower Street and Beaudry Avenue
- 7th Street between Flower and Bixel streets
- Sunset Boulevard between Ladera and Beverly drives, intermittently between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Benedict Canyon Drive between Sunset Boulevard and Mulholland Drive, intermittently between 5 p.m. and 9 p.m.
The Los Angeles Police Department additionally advised residents to avoid these Los Angeles and Beverly Hills areas to avoid traffic delays:
- The area around North Spring Street between South Avenue 18 and Alpine Street, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- The area around West College Street between North Main Street and Figueroa Terrace, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- The area around Stadium Way between Lilac Terrace and Bishops Road, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- The area around Wilshire Boulevard between the 110 Freeway and South Flower Street, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- The area around Wilshire Boulevard between South Flower Street and the 110 Freeway, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- The area around South Figueroa Street between 7th Street and West 4th Street, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- The area around North Hill Street between Bernard Street and Alpine Street, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- The area around West College Street between Yale Street and North Main Street, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- The area around North Spring Street between Alpine Street and South Avenue 18, 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- The area around Bundy Drive between Airport Avenue and West Pico Boulevard, 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- The area around Sunset Boulevard between South Sepulveda Boulevard and Bedford Drive, 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- The area around Sunset Boulevard between Bedford Drive and South Sepulveda Boulevard, 8 p.m.– 9 p.m.
- The area around West 9th Street between the 110 Freeway and South Flower Street, 8 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- The area around South Figueroa Street between Olympic Boulevard and West 6th Street, 8 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
LAPD officials said no bus routes would be affected by the closures and suggested drivers use Santa Monica, Wilshire and Olympic boulevards and Coldwater Canyon Drive as alternative routes in Beverly Hills.