Vice President Joe Biden’s visit to Los Angeles to address a climate-change summit is expected to cause traffic delays Wednesday afternoon as a result of dozens of road closures.
Biden is expected to deliver closing remarks during the two-day U.S.-China Climate Leaders Summit, where political leaders, including governors of various states, are gathering to discuss reducing greenhouse gases. The speech can be watched live here.
The traffic delays are expected throughout parts of L.A. and Beverly Hills.
Biden previously spoke to group of leaders at the Solar Power International conference in Anaheim, where he promoted wind power, which he said could support 600,000 jobs in the next 35 years.
“We want to give Americans the choice of energy they want to use — no matter who they are or where they live,” he said.
Biden called climate change “an existential threat to the planet.”
Ahead of his closing remarks for the summit, Biden said the president’s Climate Action Plan “helps us lead the world in the fight against climate change.”
The following roads will be affected by Biden’s visit.
- Rodeo Drive between Wilshire Boulevard and Virginia Place from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Olympic Boulevard between Camden Drive and Albany Street from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- 11th Street between Union Avenue and Georgia Street from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- 6th Street between Bronson Avenue and Lorraine Boulevard from about 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Olympic Boulevard between Georgia Street and St. Andrews Place from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Western Avenue between 11th Street and 5th Street from 6:30 p.m.to 8:00 p.m.
- 6th Street between Oxford Avenue and Lorraine Boulevard from 6:30 p.m.to 8:00 p.m.
- Irving Boulevard between 5th Street and Wilshire Boulevard from about 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Crenshaw Boulevard between Wilshire Boulevard and Country Club Drive from 8:30 p.m.to 9:30 p.m.
- Olympic Boulevard between Bronson Avenue and Camden Drive from 8:30 p.m.to 9:30 p.m.
- Santa Monica Boulevard between Rodeo Drive and Sawtelle Boulevard from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Imperial Highway between Sepulveda Boulevard and Vista Del Mar from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Pershing Drive between Imperial Highway and Manchester Avenue from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Rodeo Drive between Wilshire Boulevard and Charleville Boulevard from 11:00 a.m. Wednesday to 7:00 a.m. Thursday
- El Camino Drive between Wilshire Boulevard and Charleville Boulevard from 11:00 a.m. Wednesday to 7:00 a.m. Thursday
For breaking news in California, follow @VeronicaRochaLA.