Campaign 2016 updates: Hillary Clinton campaign warchest still bests Donald Trump
Donald Trump rallies supporters in North Carolina, and Hillary Clinton tells voters to “get off the sidelines.”
- New disclosure reports show Hillary Clinton had nearly $20 million more cash on hand than Donald Trump at the end of August.
- Trump says “we’re in medieval times,” promises “extreme screening” after the weekend’s bombing attacks.
- There was lots of talk about Skittles on Tuesday, much to the candy company’s chagrin. Trump’s campaign defended a tweet from the candidate’s son comparing Syrian refugees to eating poisoned candy.
- Clinton calls the shooting death of an unarmed black man in Oklahoma “intolerable.” Clinton also says she’s ready for any rhetorical jabs from Trump in Monday’s debate.
- Did a Clinton advisor actually promote “birtherism?” Evidence is ambiguous