Audio slide show: "Cow Power"
As the federal government pushes for pollution-fighting measures and pressure mounts across the state for utilities to rely more on renewable energy, California's dairy farmers are already living green -- by using technology to convert cow manure into electricity.
Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times
We've upgraded our reader commenting system. Learn more about the new features.
Los Angeles Times welcomes civil dialogue about our stories; you must register with the site to participate. We filter comments for language and adherence to our Terms of Service, but not for factual accuracy. By commenting, you agree to these legal terms. Please flag inappropriate comments.
Having technical problems? Check here for guidance.
- Shopping for sustainable food in the L.A. area 04/19/2014, 12:00 a.m.
- Cooking and eating sustainably: Six simple steps to get started 04/19/2014, 12:00 a.m.
- Florida man charged with killing son whose cries hindered video game 04/18/2014, 1:19 p.m.
- Universal Studios Japan sets July opening for 'Harry Potter' attraction 04/18/2014, 1:08 p.m.
- Father of accused O.C. serial killer 'devastated' by charges 04/18/2014, 1:08 p.m.
- Cooking and eating sustainably: Six simple steps to get started - L.A. Times - Food & Dining 04/18/2014, 7:00 p.m.
- Shopping for sustainable food in the L.A. area - L.A. Times - Food & Dining 04/18/2014, 7:00 p.m.
- Mets trade Ike Davis to Pirates - L.A. Times - Sports 04/18/2014, 10:25 p.m.
- Angels go on another extra-base binge to beat Tigers, 11-6 - L.A. Times - Sports 04/18/2014, 10:22 p.m.
- Angels power up win with Albert Pujols' 497th homer - L.A. Times - Sports 04/18/2014, 10:22 p.m.