Amid accusations that it violated minimum-wage and overtime laws, magazine publisher Conde Nast has canceled its internship program, a spokesman confirmed Wednesday.
Two former interns sued Conde Nast, publisher of magazines that include the New Yorker and Vogue, in June accusing their former employer of failing to pay them minimum wage at their summer jobs.
The lawsuit, filed in New York, follows recent legal action by other interns suing media companies for similar violations. The case is pending.
The Conde Nast suit was filed days after a federal judge ruled that Fox Searchlight Pictures had violated minimum-wage laws in New York by not paying its interns.
A Conde Nast spokesman said the program had been canceled but offered no other details. He said the company would not comment on whether the program might be reinstated in the future.
Women's Wear Daily, a Conde Nast publication, reported that current interns would not be affected and would remain employed until the end of their terms.
ALSO:Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times