The 89th Academy Awards have come to an end, where "Moonlight" was awarded the best picture Oscar after it was erroneously awarded to "La La Land" in a moment of onstage confusion.
“La La Land” ended up with six Oscars including director and lead actress (
Elsewhere, "O.J.: Made in America" was named the winner in the feature documentary category, while Iran's "The Salesman" won the foreign-language film Oscar. The latter's director, Asghar Farhadi, declined to attend the ceremony in the wake of the Trump administration's travel ban.
The 2017 Oscars took place at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles with
Here's the complete list of nominees:
Actor in a leading role
Actor in a supporting role
Actress in a leading role:
Actress in a supporting role
- Bradford Young, “Arrival” | Interview
- WINNER: Linus Sandgren,“La La Land”
- Greig Fraser, “Lion”
- James Laxton, “Moonlight”
- Rodrigo Prieto, “Silence”
- “4.1 miles”
- “Joe’s Violins”
- “Watani: My Homeland”
- WINNER: “The White Helmets”
Foreign language film:
- WINNER: Sylvain Bellemare, “Arrival” | Interview
- Wylie Stateman and Renée Tondelli, “Deepwater Horizon”
- Robert Mackenzie and Andy Wright, "Hacksaw Ridge”
- Ai-Ling Lee and Mildred Iatrou Morgan, “La La Land”
- Alan Robert Murray and Bub Asman, “Sully”
- Bernard Gariépy Strobl and Claude La Haye, “Arrival” | Interview
- WINNER: Kevin O’Connell, Andy Wright, Robert Mackenzie and Peter Grace, "Hacksaw Ridge”
- Andy Nelson, Ai-Ling Lee and Steve A. Morrow, “La La Land”
- David Parker, Christopher Scarabosio and Stuart Wilson, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”
- Gary Summers, Jeffrey J. Haboush and Mac Ruth, “13 Hours"
- WINNER: Justin Hurwitz, "La La Land"
- Mica Levi, "Jackie" | Interview
- Nicholas Britell, "Moonlight"
- Volker Bertelmann and Dustin O'Halloran, "Lion"
- Thomas Newman, "Passengers"
- Patrice Vermette, Paul Hotte, "Arrival"
- Stuart Craig, Anna Pinnock, “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” | Interview
- Jess Gonchor, Nancy Haigh, "Hail, Caesar!"
- WINNER: David Wasco, Sandy Reynolds-Wasco, "La La Land"
- Guy Hendrix Dyas, Gene Serdena, "Passengers"
- Craig Hammack, Jason Snell, Jason Billington and Burt Dalton, “Deepwater Horizon” | Interview
- Stephane Ceretti, Richard Bluff, Vincent Cirelli and Paul Corbould, “Doctor Strange” | Interview
- WINNER: Robert Legato, Adam Valdez, Andrew R. Jones and Dan Lemmon, “The Jungle Book” | Interview
- Steve Emerson, Oliver Jones, Brian McLean and Brad Schiff, “
Kubo and the Two Strings”
- John Knoll, Mohen Leo, Hal Hickel and Neil Corbould, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” | Interview
Makeup and hairstyling
- Eva von Bahr and Love Larson, “A Man Called Ove” | Interview
- Joel Harlow and Richard Alonzo, “Star Trek Beyond”
- WINNER: Alessandro Bertolazzi, Giorgio Gregorini and Christopher Nelson, “Suicide Squad”
- Mary Zophres, "La La Land"
- Joe Walker, “Arrival”
- WINNER: John Gilbert, “Hacksaw Ridge”
- Jake Roberts, "Hell or High Water"
- Tom Cross, “La La Land”
- Nat Sanders and Joi McMillon, “Moonlight” | Interview
- "Ennemis intérieurs," Selim Azzazi
- "La femme et le TGV," Timo von Gunten
- "Silent Nights," Aske Bang, Kim Magnusson
- WINNER: “Sing,” Kristof Deák, Anna Udvardy
- "Timecode," Juanjo Gimenez
Animated short film
- "Blind Vaysha”
- "Borrowed Time"
- "Pear Cider and Cigarettes"
- WINNER: "Piper"
Animated feature film
Feb. 26, 11:10 a.m.: This article was updated on the day of the Oscars to reflect the evening's awards.