Sampler Platter: Persian food, BYOW, sports drink wars
This article was originally on a blog post platform and may be missing photos, graphics or links. See About archive blog posts.
Bring your own wine -- perhaps a French rosé? -- to Pasadena restaurants on Wednesday nights.
- Sports drinks are the new frontier in the ongoing Coke (Powerade) versus Pepsi (Gatorade) battle. Advertising Age
- On June 17, 26 Pasadena restaurants kick off their Bring Your Own Wine Wednesdays promotion. LAist
- New York Times: ‘Persian Cooking Finds a Home in Los Angeles.’ More accurate: ‘New York Times Finds Persian Cuisine in Los Angeles.’
- Three people missing, 20 hurt after explosion at a Slim Jim plant in North Carolina. Associated Press
- European Union backs away from plan to ease rules on acceptable ways to produce rosé. No adding food dye to cheap champagne. New York Times
-- Elina Shatkin
é wines. Credit: Kirk McKoy / Los Angeles Times