Official list of attendees at Obama tech meeting: CEOs of Twitter, Netflix, Oracle, Yahoo, others
This article was originally on a blog post platform and may be missing photos, graphics or links. See About archive blog posts.
Here’s the official list of attendees of Thursday evening’s meeting of technology industry chiefs with President Obama in San Francisco. It includes many of Silicon Valley’s biggest names.
- John Doerr, partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Carol Bartz, president and CEO, Yahoo!
- John Chambers, CEO and chairman, Cisco Systems
- Dick Costolo, CEO, Twitter
- Larry Ellison, co-founder and CEO, Oracle
- Reed Hastings, CEO, NetFlix
- John Hennessy, president, Stanford University
- Steve Jobs, chairman and CEO, Apple
- Art Levinson, chairman and former CEO, Genentech
- Eric Schmidt, chairman and CEO, Google
- Steve Westly, managing partner and founder, Westly Group
- Mark Zuckerberg, founder, president and CEO, Facebook
From a description of the meeting by a White House official:
The meeting is a part of our ongoing dialogue with the business community on how we can work together to win the future, strengthen our economy, support entrepreneurship, increasing our exports, and get the American people back to work. The President and the business leaders will discuss our shared goal of promoting American innovation, and discuss his commitment to new investments in research and development, education and clean energy.’
-- David Sarno [follow]