Advertisement

Dovon Harris, 15, two months gone by

Share

This article was originally on a blog post platform and may be missing photos, graphics or links. See About archive blog posts.

(HR has followed the aftermath of the murder of Dovon Harris, 15, struck by gunfire in Watts on June 15, 2007 and taken off life support a day later. In July, Barbara Pritchett, right, his mother, talked of her life one month after the murder. This week, which marks the two-month anniversary of her son’s death, is not much different, she said.)

‘I woke up with him on my mind. I’m going to go to the cemetery and just sit,’ Pritchett said Tuesday morning. She got some balloons and went by herself to place them at the spot where Dovon was shot, then headed to the gravesite.

Advertisement

Dovon’s alleged shooter was arrested shortly after the killing. Since then, Pritchett said, police also arrested the driver of the car. The family has experienced their first court appearance--a highly stressful ordeal, she said. Pritchett quit her job after the homicide, and now stays home most days. Not so her teenage daughter, who continues working at the airport, despite tears that overcome her frequently. ‘It’s still moment to moment, you know?’ Pritchett said. ‘Today may be good, tomorrow may not.’


Advertisement