Warning for Danish Dogs:Lamp Posts in Shocking Condition

Associated Press

The dogs of Korsoer must give up their favorite lamp posts for the time being or risk electrocution, the city's power authority said today.

A long period of severe cold in this port city has damaged the wiring of many lamp posts and made even a dog's indirect contact with them dangerous, a power authority official said.

A Pekingese named Basse died recently of electric shock at one of his customary stops near the city's waterfront. Power authority manager Poul Dahl said he knew of one other dog that was electrocuted.

Dahl said crews are working to correct the faults but for now "I can only suggest that dogs stick to trees for a while."

Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World
58°