Local News in Brief : Fumes Injure Rail Workers

Two Union Pacific Railroad workers in Wilmington were treated for breathing problems Wednesday after inhaling sulfur dioxide fumes from a leaking railroad tank car.

Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Jim Wells said the two injured workers were treated at St. Mary Medical Center in Long Beach after experiencing "difficult respiration."

The leak, caused by an operative valve, forced the closing of the 2400 block of Anaheim Street for nearly four hours beginning about 5:19 a.m.

Copyright © 2019, Los Angeles Times
EDITION: California | U.S. & World
65°