Advertisement

Tropical Air Mass Expected to Bring Heavy Showers

Showers are expected to be heavy at times today as a wet and unstable tropical air mass moves through Southern California, forecasters said Wednesday.

The National Weather Service concluded that there was a 70% chance of rain today and a 30% chance of some parting showers Friday.

Meteorologist Rick Dittmann of WeatherData Inc., which provides forecasts for The Times, said the Southland should “get its share” of the “big surge of tropical moisture” headed toward the coast. He said some spots in the coastal mountains could get more than two inches of rain.

The weather service foresaw amounts ranging up to half an inch in the northern coastal areas and up to .75 in the mountains, with snow above the 8,000-foot level today, lowering to 6,000 feet Friday.

Advertisement

Los Angeles high temperatures today should be in the low 60s, the weather service said. The Civic Center high Wednesday was 62 degrees, after an overnight low of 53.


Advertisement