Robert E. Rippe has joined Santa Monica-based Watt Enterprises as senior vice president in charge of land acquisition, financing and joint venturing of major projects. The company specializes in office buildings, shopping centers, hotels, planned communities and resorts.
* Cabot, Cabot & Forbes’ Western regional headquarters in Los Angeles has a new senior vice president: Gary R. Toeller. He will be responsible for all its urban high-rise office projects.
* Coleman Homes has made two announcements: Jim Thompson has been named vice president of construction for its Southern California division, and Shawn Elfberg has joined its Rancho California division as superintendent; both will be working out of the Rancho California office.
* The Koll Co.'s Los Angeles division has two staff changes: Jeffrey A. Dritley has been promoted to vice president of development and will be responsible for the San Gabriel area, and Brad Cox has joined the firm as vice president of marketing and will oversee its marketing and leasing activities for high-rise office developments.
* Christopher Durkee has been named vice president of marketing for Ray Wilson Co., a Pasadena-based general contractor. Durkee will be in charge of developing the firm’s involvement in historical renovation and in the construction of medical, office and parking facilities.
* Combined Properties Inc., a shopping center developer from Washington, D.C., has made Donald R. Bourassa vice president of acquisitions to spearhead its West Coast division, located in Century City.
* William A. Noble has been named construction manager at Gemtel Corp. He will oversee the renovation and expansion of the Ritz-Carlton Huntington Hotel in Pasadena, where he will have an on-site office.
* The Los Angeles-based Riley/Pearlman Co. has made two appointments: Thomas O’Hern as vice president and William T. Mitchell as vice president of project development. The firm develops and manages shopping centers in California and Washington.
* The Birtcher board of directors has announced the addition of Glenn R. Ray to its firm as executive vice president of national finance.
* John Hakel and Mel Joseph have been appointed to staff positions at Associated General Contractors of America’s Southern California office in Monterey Park. Hakel will be executive director and Joseph will be assistant director of industrial relations.
* Marsha Ray-Selway has been promoted to vice president of marketing services for the Southern California division of Leisure Technology. She will be based in Los Angeles and her responsibilities will include sales promotions, publications and marketing materials.
* Robin D. Coleman has become vice president of property management for Questmark Group Inc. The company is a full service commercial development firm, specializing in office buildings, shopping centers and hotels in the Southwest.
* Cal-Pac Construction Inc. has appointed Gladys Altshuler vice president of marketing. The Los Angeles-based firm specializes in corporate, medical and professional projects.
* Jerry R. Bischoff has been made principal project manager at Chevron Land & Development Co.'s San Diego headquarters. He will oversee the RiverWalk project at the western end of Mission Valley and the Torrey Pines Science Center.
* ACCOLADES: Gary Bertisch, senior vice president of Lowe Enterprises in Los Angeles, has been honored by the American Institute of Constructors (AIC) for outstanding work on behalf of the construction business. AIC is a national organization for professional constructors and annually presents a single award to one of its 2,300 members.
* Cathy Chase has joined The Bank of California as vice president and manager of the bank’s Mitsubishi real estate unit. Her responsibilities include generating and managing major commercial loans as well as new construction financing on behalf of Mitsubishi Bank Ltd.
* Bonutto-Hofer Investment of Newport beach has appointed Ruth M. Brown senior vice president/controller. She will oversee the accounting, tax and administrative functions of the company, as well as the various investment entities it controls.
* R&B; Enterprises has named David Riddell its new vice president of corporate sales for its Oakwood Corporate Apartments division. He will be in charge of its national operations. Oakwood focuses its marketing activities on corporate travelers.
* Jordan Paul Weinberg has been named director of leasing for Sheldon L. Pollack Management Systems, the leasing and management arm of the Santa Monica-based Sheldon L. Pollack Corp.
* Four appointments have been announced at World Title Co.: Michael A. Risser, vice president, San Diego County sales manager; Jim Belardi, vice president, San Bernardino County operations manager; Daniel Roybal, vice president, San Bernardino and Riverside County sales manager and Jerry Cook, assistant vice president, San Bernardino and Riverside County trustee sales manager.
* George T. Resler has been named vice president of title operation for Ticor Title Insurance Co. of California. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, Resler will oversee the office’s commercial and industrial real estate production.
* The California Land Title Assn. has elected Gary B. Beeny, Gateway Title Co. in Burbank, president for the 1989-90 term.