Monday is New Year’s Day. The following will be closed in observance of the holiday:
* All county, state and federal offices.
* Schools, including colleges and universities. Public elementary, junior and high schools will reopen Tuesday.
* County, state and federal courthouses.
* City and county libraries.
* Banks and savings and loans.
* City offices will be closed on Monday. City offices in Fullerton and Garden Grove will also be closed on Tuesday.
Mail: All post offices will be closed, and mail deposited in mailboxes will be picked up according to the posted holiday schedule.
Trash: There will be no trash pickup by city or county refuse workers Monday. Trash pickup will be a day late the rest of the week.
Buses: Orange County Transit District buses will run on holiday schedule Monday. Call the district at (714) 636-7433 for information. The bus routes that will be running are: 29, 41, 43, 44, 47, 49, 50, 51, 53, 54, 55, 57, 60, 64, 66, 69, 70 and 85. There will be no dial-a-ride or car-pool services available on the holiday.
Parks: All city and county parks and recreation facilities will be open their regular hours Monday.